Cod with Salsa Verde
Recipe type: Entree
Cod with Salsa Verde is a Norwegian food recipe baked with a flavorful sauce.
- 560g-675g fillet of Norwegian cod
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped chives, to serve
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, leaves only
- a handful basil leaves
- a handful mint leaves
- 4 tinned anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed, or thoroughly soaked if salted
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 45g green olives, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 60g white bread, crusts removed, torn into pieces
- 150-250ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the salsa verde, place all the salsa verde ingredients (except the olive oil and the seasoning) into the bowl of a food processor. Process in short bursts until finely chopped.
- Keep the motor running and trickle in the olive oil until the mixture forms a thick sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper as required. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- For the cod, set the oven to its highest setting. Slice the cod thinly.
- Brush a heatproof dish with olive oil. Arrange the fish on top, overlapping as little as possible and brush with more olive oil.
- Cook the cod in the preheated oven for three minutes, or until the slices begin to turn opaque. Scatter a few chives over and serve quickly with the salsa verde.